Holiday, heat and a heck of a lot of adulting...

I have been so bad at posting over the last month or so but I am excusing myself by the fact that my parents have been here for the last 3 weeks! What a joy and blessing. They are officially home now (boooo!) but it was so very nice. It will be good to get back into routine though and fully embrace my last 10 weeks! TEN WEEKS?! Where did the time go...

No prayer requests in this one.. simply thank you God for my parents and that they could visit and we could have such a special time together!

This isn't meant to be a humble brag but I actually feel quite exhausted post-holiday.. I think because I did all the adulting because my parents don't speak much Español! It was funny me telling them where to go and what to do and ordering their food for them at times, as well as talking to the taxi drivers etc. A nice feeling though to be able to show off my language skills! Tehe.

We first went to Guatavita for the day - a little town with a lagoon about an hour and a half from Bogotá. We went with my host parents which was really nice and it was a cute little day out!





We then flew off to Santa Marta on the Caribbean coast - noisy, hot and lovely in my opinion! We spent a lot of time wandering and a day at Tayrona national park where we saw monkeys, alligators and lots and lots of beautiful birds.







My parents then continued on to an Eco-Hostel for a few days, and I came back and worked a bit, before us meeting again in Medellin on my Dad's birthday. We stayed there for 4 days and had a lovely time learning about the history of the city and the country and seeing some vultures, toucans and other beautifully coloured birds in an ecological park! (Dad took all the good pictures and they've only just made it back to England so you'll have to make do with mine - sadly none of the beautiful birds!)


                        




Then it was back to Bogotá for a few days - I carried on at my project and generally left my parents to their own devices - I think it was super interesting for them to experience a flavour of the country and know they really enjoyed their adventure here! What a lovely few weeks. Now back to my project to throw myself into each day for the last 8 weeks before my friends come out! God is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A super short update..

Today was the day!