My project (y Feliz Navidad!)

Hola amigos! I hope December is treating well and you are looking forward to Christmas!
(Prayer requests underlined, yeah, I'm sure you get it by now!) 

Yesterday I went to visit my project for the first time! It was amazing, overwhelming, brilliant and eye-opening. I met the lady who runs the project and oh my days. She is amazing. She starts cooking for the children at 4am.. and the children are then often there a few hours later and she often still has children there at 7pm. 6 days a week. She has very little help and is an absolute trooper! Her heart for the children is so obvious and the things she does for them is wonderful. There have been times when she has picked children up from hospital because their parents aren't interested.. I am so excited to work with this wonderful lady and learn from her.

We were told some of the children's stories... my goodness. Absolutely horrific. Some of them don't have parents because they've been murdered, or their parents are drug using/dealing, or they're being abused by their parents. 

There is a lot of need - they are hoping I can introduce music classes, maybe start a choir, teach some English and teach them more about Jesus and pray with them. But more importantly, love them. One girl wouldn't speak to me when I arrived but when I left was clinging to me and was so different, it was nice to see the impact a short visit had. Now it is time to get thinking about how I am going to do these things in Spanish! Thankfully, I could actually understand a lot of what the children were saying and we had some good (if not simple!) conversations. 

Next week is probably my last week of Spanish school, then it's Christmas fun (including a trip to Cali!) and then I will start working 9am-4pm Monday to Friday at my project when it opens again in mid January.

Missing everyone a lot at the moment - if I don't write again before Christmas I wish you all a lovely time with family and friends, and Jesus at the centre.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday, heat and a heck of a lot of adulting...

A super short update..

Today was the day!