Host family

Just a quick update to say that today I moved in with my lovely host family! They are a couple who have an older son (who is living in Scotland and doesn't come back till I leave) and they are wonderful. Look at the sign they made me! They are both super lovely and caring and I know I am going to to be well looked after. It is just round the corner from where I was living before too, so I know the 'barrio' reasonably well. The gym is just across the road so I have no excuses!



Tomorrow I start Spanish school! It will consist of Spanish classes from 9-1, then a lunch break, then cultural activities. I think I will be doing 5 hours a week of dance lessons (which I am super super excited about) and then cooking lessons and trips out. Everything feels so surreal at the moment but I am hoping I will begin to feel at home once I have more of a routine. This morning was the first time I really missed home (which I'm quite impressed by!) but I am trusting that God's plan for me is here and since this morning God has really filled me with peace. 

I shall leave you with this song that has been my 'Colombia-God-is-in-control' song: 
You make me brave - Bethel

I shall update you all again soon! It's 20.25 here and I am flagging already!

Buenos noches x

Comments

  1. How wonderful to learn to dance, I'm sure your experience of dancing classes ten years ago will help. Shall we sign you up for Strictly come dancing next year?
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday, heat and a heck of a lot of adulting...

Break my heart for what breaks yours...

A super short update..